Our purpose is to provide the “wherewithal” to substantially contribute to the alleviation and mitigation of the injuries, illnesses and anxieties being suffered by Australian military and first responder personnel, past and present, and in so doing, provide to them a valuable pathway to a dramatically enhanced quality of life.
This will be achieved primarily in conjunction with their short to medium term accommodation in a rural environment which is relaxed and calming and where rehabilitation and guidance will have maximum long term benefits.
4 Aussie Heroes is a Charitable Foundation, being a not for profit, unlisted public company.
After extensive consultation with other organisations working for veterans and including health professionals, plus the study of relevant and credible research and other papers and reports, a gap in the rehabilitation process for suffering war veterans was identified.
With an emphasis on such things as early intervention, professional care, meaningful support, camaraderie, improving self esteem, affordability, rehabilitation, employment and quality of life, coupled with short or medium term accommodation in a relaxed rural environment, the concept of 4 Aussie War Vets Camps was born.
“Camp Courage”, the first of several camps Australia wide, is planned for opening in South East Queensland in 2019.
Following a number of approaches, and understanding that the world-best-practice rehabilitation programmes being developed by the Foundation would suit first responders, a decision was taken by the Board of Directors to expand the focus of our rehabilitation work to include this very important and worthy group.
This necessitated a change of name to The 4 Aussie Heroes Foundation.
The end-result aim of Camp Courage and its programmes is a dramatically enhanced quality of life for those military and first responder personnel, past and present who came to us with physical, mental health (including PTSD), emotional, financial, living conditions and/or family related issues, as a result of serving our great Nation and our Communities.
We ask all sectors of the Australian Community, to help us to achieve this aim.
G. (Gerry) Garard (C)
S. (Stephen) Porter AM
R.M. (Renita) Garard OAM
R.M. (Bob) Minnikin MBE
A.M. (Andrew) Sanderson
A. (Andrew) Wareham
- National Service Army 2nd Lieutenant (1968-9) and Vietnam Veteran
- Involved in Corporate Management most of his working life
- Retired Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management and Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Centenary Medal for Distinguished Service to the Business Community
- Corporate, Government and Industry Body, Boards, Councils, Trusts and Committees.
- Major General Commander of the Second Division
- Senior Executive Corporate Services in Education
- Member of the Order of Australia
- Bachelor of Science, Master of Art, Master of Business Administration
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management
- Director on Corporate and Non For Profit Boards
- Member and Chair of Government and Interdepartmental Committees
- Senior Director, PwC Brisbane
- Bachelor of Business and Law
- Dual Olympic Gold Medallist – Hockey
- Other current Board Positions, Chair – Port of Townsville Limited, Director – Queensland Rugby Football League Limited (QRL)
- Has sat on several private Company Boards and the Boards of Hockey Australia and the International Hockey Federation
- Is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Bachelor of Engineering – University of Queensland
- Graduate Officer Training Unit
- Officer in 23 Construction Squadron – Vietnam
- Deputy GM 1982 Commonwealth Games Foundation, GM Expo 88 Authority, GM inaugural three IndyCar Grand Prix Events
- Director (retired) Incoll Management
- Director (retired) Savills Project Management
- Member Dispute Resolution Board Australia
- CEO and Managing Director, TAE Aerospace Pty Ltd
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Engineering (Aeronautical)
- Former RAAF Senior Engineering Officer (Squadron Leader)
- Other current Board Positions – Tasman Aviation Holdings P/L (and subsidiaries)
- Member Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Executive Producer – Film production and television commercials
- Recipient of numerous industry awards
- Director of several private companies
- Experience in management of commercial business operations across a range of industries
- Industry Body participation
Tim Fisher AC
Marcus Blackmore AM
Wally Lewis AM
Former 1 RAR Army Officer and ex Deputy PM of Australia
May I strongly commend “4 Aussie War Vets” as an organisation in formation to provide much needed help for War Veterans, our fellow Australians who have stepped up and served our country and who now need some guidance and help after their service. It is the least we can do to step up for this cause and in doing so help sustain the core fabric of the nation.
Tim Fisher AC
Chairman – Blackmores Limited
Healthcare for our Veterans is paramount but what is often missing is the best care with the best outcomes, not the willingness to do something. In ‘4 Aussie War Vets’ I am convinced that Gerry Gerard has the potential to revolutionise health care for our Vets and is absolutely deserving of our support in the challenge he has taken on in such an unselfish way. I was a conscripted Army Officer during the Vietnam War as was Gerry. I share his passion for our War Vets. I can absolutely vouch for Gerry and his dedication to this project.
Rugby League Legend & TV Sports Presenter
Struggling Australian war veterans deserve all the support that they can get, and I’m all for supporting the “4 Aussie War Vets Foundation” in their quest to provide that much needed support. We owe it to them.